Monday, January 21, 2008

Almost complete and canvas

I have mounted this collage on purple paper, then gold. I might wish I hadn't folded the top of the gold paper, thinking it should be shorter as longer looks better I now think. I just have to attach a hanger on to this and it will be finished.

On Saturday I drove to a paint supply store which, my ex-husband had told me, sold art supplies. Most of the supplies were not ones I would want, but they did have four yards of cotton medium weight canvas which I purchased along with stretchers for two paintings. The stretcher supply was minimal. But I saved the shipping postage on the canvas. I am thinking to try a kimono/robe with paint on canvas rather than the patchwork paper robes as previously done. We shall see. First I need to clear a wall space as I envision tacking the canvas to the wall and painting it as it hangs.

6 comments:

Chart Smart said...

NICE Blog :)

Cris in Oregon said...

Lovely work. Maybe you could put some beads across that fold or something to make it look like part of the hanging material.
I would love to find some canvas material like that. It makes up great floor cloths. I made one once. I have always wanted to do more. Let me know how it works out. I would have to gesso it I suppose.

marianne said...

Hi Suki

Oh it's getting even more beautiful..........
Art supply stores are so much fun, but I always leave with too much and having spent too much as well....
I'll answer your question on my blog soon Suki

Greetz
marianne

Britt-Arnhild said...

Suki, your collage is beautiful!

ANDREA said...

Suki, great idea to try with canvas! I'm looking forward to your experimenting with it.
And I find the collage will look great shorter than longer...(I always like when there is more "background" space on the bottom than on the top)
So, if you attach a hanger at the fold-level, it will look great I'm sure! I love the colours and different layers of this hanging and the gold background makes it very precious,
Andrea

human being said...

So cute...I love it.