Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Langdon Fair

Last Saturday I went to a small street fair in a small town: Langdon. Crafters and artisans set up booths, food was for sale too.

Fall was in the air.

Folks were singing oldies but goodies such as "Tie a Yellow Ribbon."

Antique firetruck.

This is a new organization which rescues burros and donkeys. Save your ass rescue. Are there that many donkey's around here I asked. You'd be surprised, she said. I paid my dollar and let the donkey kiss my hand.

11 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

This looks fun, Suki. Love the "kiss my ass" both...heehee!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Small local art fairs are fun...did you buy any homemade jams? Fall is in full swing in your area...enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy small town fairs. Save Your Ass is a great name for an organization. (giggle)

Leslie Avon Miller said...

What a great kiss.

marianne said...

Ahh such a nice post!
Id love to be kissed by a donkey!
How is the hunt for a house????

Lynn Cohen said...

Not sure I'd want to kiss the donkey or vice versa, but liked the rest of it especially the music. We both had good weekends it seems.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a cute Ass. Looks like you had a good time.

sukipoet said...

willow, I had a good chuckle over this.

Blue Sky, I didnt buy anything this year but I sure enjoy the fall feeling.

Chewy, have you done a donkey picture yet? cant remember.

Leslie, and I havent been kissed in a long while either.

sukipoet said...

marianne, my next post details the house thing.

Lynn, well I didnt want a kiss on the lips for sure, but on my hand was fine. Sweet donkey.

Lisa, just to let you know, that is not me in the picture, but the donkey lady.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

This is a cute post. Love that Donkey. What a cute way to get donations. Looks like it was fun.

Lynette said...

This looks so fun and what a beautiful fall day for a fair!