Sunday, August 16, 2009
hope is a thing with wings
There has been some movement, I think, in my journey to find a place to live.
1) talked with a personal coach who will work with me to help me over my hump re: fears around finding a place to live. Our first session is on Sunday.
2) felt inspired after our introductory talk. With an upset stomach (nerves) I called my upper cape Realtor and inquired as to whether the little white house (#2) was still available. After not hearing from her for 24 hours I called again. The house is sold. Still, a major step as I HATE making such phone calls, always feel I am pestering people. But I must do this assertive step in order to create the reality I want.
3) received an email from an upper cape friend re: two houses for sale that she had noticed. One was for sale by owner. I called the owner and the little renovated ranch she described sounded wonderful. It even had a gas fireplace and a screened porch and master bedroom with attached half bath. However, way above my price range comfort zone. I remember this house. Right next to a graveyard. Just up the road from 217. I could adjust my price range comfort zone upward, yet would I? It felt super good to hear from my friend though and just this boosted my spirits tenfold.
4) am giving up looking for houses in New Hampshire/Vt which is not where I want to live even though I get more house for the money here. I will focus on the upper cape and the mid-lower cape.
5) began writing three morning pages, a la Julia Cameron, each day.
6) turned my attention outward. I have been ignoring the beautiful days and landscape. Sat last night out on the grass with dragonflys darting around me. Hope is a thing with wings.