I have felt pretty inspired this week to get busy. I mixed up some acrylic medium and water per Kim's suggested recipe (although I just made up the proportions). Soon I will add some acrylic color and then paint a number of layers of glaze on my gold kimono.
Kim suggested mounting my kimono on canvas. But before stretching a fairly large canvas to do that, I thought I'd try the idea out with this shield I made last fall. In the past I have just hung such items via a string and a bamboo pole. I stretched this canvas and gessoed one coat. I will gesso several more coats and then paint some color or other. The shield is not yet attached to the canvas, just laying on top to get an idea of how it will look.
I found three shadow box type frames in the attic. My grandpa made them years ago. One fit Natalya's stitched collage perfectly. I sanded the frame and am painting it anew.
I also coated this board with white paint. It will be the farm sign. However, I used indoor paint. I have to buy two colors of outdoor paint to do it right.
I've also been painting on the cow painting. It actually may be a bull as I seem to see four ears when I look at the photo. I redid the back legs and they seem fairly okay but the front legs need a bit of help. The mother is stocky and I'm finding her form hard to create. Well, just keep going.