Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dream of Elizabeth


Last night I dreamt Elizabeth came to visit me. I was living in a lovely place in Chatham. She arrived with metal hair curlers and proceeded to set my hair. I said, this must be boring. Don't you want to see the beach? We walked down the street toward the beach, but stopped at a little outdoor cafe.

Elizabeth needed to make a phone call. I decided to return home for something, assuring her I would be right back. It is just up the road, I said. I headed home but got lost. I asked someone in a shop where I was and they said Chatham but I couldn't find my house. I thought to myself that Elizabeth would be getting worried back at the cafe and that I should have brought her along with me. The shopkeeper gave me directions to a hotel which I knew was near where I lived and I began walking again. After I woke up I thought oh, I should have taken a taxi.

8 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Poor Elzabeth. Still waiting and wondering where you are. For Shame. :)
You have the most interesting dreams. I have no clues on what they mean but they ARE interesting. :)

Unknown said...

What an interesting dream! I quite often dream that I'm lost like you in your dream. Wonder what we mean when we dream such things! Ilove your thought when you woke up: shoud have taken a taxi! Makes me smile, cause why can't we be more rational in our dreams:)
Andrea

Elizabeth said...

This is very funny - and such an honour to be in your dream :-)

No I don't mind setting your hair, and a walk to the beach would be dandy. the cafe is great, and the location divine (I've always wanted to visit New England) so I'll wait a while and then come a find you.

I have no idea what dreams mean, but Chatham sounds interesting. I have some Aunts who live in the other Chatham, the one in Kent, England. Funny!

Lynn Cohen said...

What part of you is Elizabeth Suki? The artist...some parts of her you admire and therefore they are parts of you too? Fixing your hair, making yourself more acceptable, attractive???
Getting lost...humm? Leaving parts of yourself behind as you look for where you are going on this journey?

Dream Interpertation: 5 cents!
:-) Lucy!

soulbrush said...

i went to visit elizabeth's site, didn't have curlers in my hair...never thought of writing down my dreams. mmmmm maybe.....

Anonymous said...

What's with these dreams where we can't get back to people and places we were with? I have those, too.

marianne said...

interesting......
It's so nice to have a whole world beside the day time one at night.

sukipoet said...

thank you everyone. I haven't been good at commenting on the comments this past week. But I appreciate every one.

Dreams are mysterious. It is wonderful, as Marianne said, to have another world beyond the daily world to explore and wonder about.

As Lynn indicated, perhaps there is something about Elizabeth that resonates with something in me that i would like to develope. Definitely her dedication to painting. Also, I think the landscape she lives in. Chatham as Elizabeth said, is also a place in England. I admire Elizabeth's balancing of being a mother and wife with her art. And her travels.

I don't know what's with the hair though. My hair is too short to put in rollers.

And the getting lost. I often dream this too Andrea.