Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yeah for me

Called the gas people today and for second time said I was not comfortable with a gas line tacked along the exterior walls of the house, breezeway and garage. He explained that two tanks on one property causes extra work for the fuel truck. We decided that the project would have to be cancelled until spring when a trench in the ground could be dug for the gas line to go into.

Then he called me back and said they could put in a temporary second tank (which means only a short gas pipe is needed going from tank to heater). When the ground thaws, he said, they would change it to the trench idea. So. By speaking up, twice, I got the set up I preferred.

Also I drove all the way back to the health food store (80 minutes round trip) and got back my $21 overcharge for my lettuce. A long drive for $20 but I must say that it made me feel good to straighten that out. I saved Michael's for another time.

2 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

YES YEA FOR YOU. Doesnt it feel good to stand up for yourself? be it driving far or calling about the Gas line. It was the RIGHT thing to do and worked out to your benefit.
Now you can create all winter long.

Lynn Cohen said...

Bravo for making things happen.
Bravo for justice, righting wrongs.