Monday, October 29, 2007

Goji Berries


I picked up a pack of Goji Berries at the health food store the other day. I'd remembered reading about them but didn't remember what except I thought it was about more energy. http://altmedicine.about.com/od/completeazindex/a/goji.htm Well that's something I need so I decided to try them. They are textured something like raisins and taste rather bland although you can get chocolate or yogurt covered berries. I didn't want the extra sugar so I got plain.

I've been munching on them for a few days and I swear after I eat a few I'm full of zip and vinegar. Love their color too.

4 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Hmmm this sounds like what I need.
They are a pretty color.

Lynn Cohen said...

They are pretty. Don't you want to paint them? I mean on paper, not the actual berries!

I never heard of these? Would they be good on cereal? Not tart? I like tart, like cranberries tart.

I wonder what the component is that gives extra vim and vigor?

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous colour! They look good enough to ... paint! ;-)

sukipoet said...

They are pretty aren't they. They aren't tart. The only warning I think is on the website, re: they are blood thinning so if you take coumadin one shouldn't eat these.

I don't know why they are considered immune boosters. Maybe they contain a lot of Vit C like rose hips. I didn't read a lot about them. I only eat around 5 per day. They are members of the nightshade family like eggplants, tomatoes, potatoes.