Friday, June 28, 2019

Spirit Dolls




The bodies are made with twigs.  In the top doll I padded the twigs with cotton balls before dressing her.  No padding on the second doll and I think I like it better without.

  I dressed the second doll using a flag from a "prayer" flag I made several years ago and hung outside.  The flags weathered nicely but the string connecting them disintegrated.  I will hang her outside somewhere as a guardian spirit.

The faces are earthenware made by Lyn Belisle and ordered from her Etsy shop Earthshards.  At first I thought they might be too big for the dolls.  They look like masks.  But now I have gotten used to the look. 

Joanne Powell Colbert has a free ebook on spirit dolls.  www.gainansoul.com.  She "invented" the idea. I also read about them on Lyn Belisle's website Lyn Belisle.com  however the ebook link seems to be gone now.

This was very fun to do.  Twigs and scraps.  Free stuff.  I love it. My spirit had been downcast.  Now it's happy.  May the spirit be with you.  Love, Suki

5 comments:

Mystic Meandering said...

I LOVE your "spirit dolls"!!!
Once things settle more here, I may give it a try.
Thanks for the links on how to do them!
Glad they lifted your "spirits" :)

sukipoet said...

Thank you Mystic. Summer is here!!!

kj said...

hi suki!

I'm glad these dolls lifted your spirit because knowing they are handmade by you lifted mine too!
love
kj

sukipoet said...

thanks Karen

Aspeak said...

Thank you for such a great opportunity to write on here, I have been battling with herpes and diabetes all those while and that was the reason I have being around internet for awhile but I'm well and cured now by Dr Itua herbal medicine that I ordered through https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ and Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com a great herbal doctor, I'm so grateful to Dr Itua for his great herbal work. Dr Itua assure me that he can also cure all sort of disease with his herbal medicines like ALS,Herpes,Diabetes,Cancer,Arthritis and other diseases. I wish is anyone here sick wellness through Dr Itua herbal doctor.