Friday, May 31, 2013

Just saying hello



I love the hot weather, of which we have had one day's worth.  My son mowed the lawn, and it looks great. Frogs and other creatures are croaking in the pond.  Winter's clench has loosened.

Today I will at last paint the hall wall.  Used to love painting walls but now find it so tiring.  But there is not a big area to do.

Nothing much creative going on.  Packing boxes in hope that this time I'll make it out of here.  Everything is suddenly so expensive, when for years I slouched by on very little money.  Money-wise the best option is to stay here in the trailer.  Friend or potential friend-wise it is not the best option.  After five years I have no in-person friends still.  No doubt my own fault.

Just wanted to touch base.  I will put some positive thoughts in my brain and see what happens.  Yesterday I did that in the morning and had a beautiful, productive day.  So, my many blessings include wonderful blog and FB friends, warm, sunny weather, the sounds of frogs and birds coming through the open window,a new poem taking shape, a few good books to read, food, shelter and my dear Bibbity by my side.  Or more likely sleeping in his bed.

Happy June.  Love, Suki

11 comments:

Mystic Meandering said...

Hello back :) We are having a cool Spring as well with a few days in the 80's. So ambitious you are - painting walls. I so hope you get to live where you can thrive emotionally and not feel so isolated - that is so important. We are still waiting for life to open up as well with a job for B.... Sending big Heart Hugs your way! Christine

Robin said...

Suki...it's so joyful to see a post from you...with your seasonal Header...(I have missed seeing those!) I am thrilled you are beginning to have warmth - and Summer! (Even if La Printemps skipped by you!)

Good luck with the wall painting...it's actually rather meditative!

Yes, you have many things to be happy about...and little by little, you are inching forward into making a move.

Love to you and Bibitty!

♥ Robin ♥

Teri said...

Hi back at ya Suki. So happy to hear that things are better.

soulbrush said...

Packing boxes is a huge positive- and one day you will wake up and just know what to do- and then do it- without rethinking and rethinking. I love that we are fb pals- and enjoy seeing what you post there every day. Lotsa hugs from me across the pond.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Once the tarp is down and the tape and cutting in...the rolling will be quick enough...the payoff is a light color that will lighten the space and mood!
Reads like you are blooming where you happen to be planted...at least for now. Your spring must be spectacular...enjoy!

Annie said...

Suki, So lovely to see you!
I am in painting mode too, doing my kitchen next weekend! Try to have fun with it. As to a move, follow you heart. xoxo

Cris, Oregon Artist said...

Always good to see a post from you here. I hope you are able to get out of there soon and go where you can soak in the soul satisfying life in person with others who write and make Art. Happy painting even if it is walls. :)

Mim said...

lovely post, keep up the good thoughts. yes...costs of everything are going up but oh well.....friends and community are more important than money right?

PeaceGardenSu said...

I just (finally!) painted the bathroom trim and baseboard... congrats on your painting done, too! It is amazing how much difference it makes to finish the painting off!! Now the bathroom spring green walls and taupe trims and Asain art canvases on th ewalls and bamboo print shower curtain all at last harmonize and interact calmly. Glad you did not have a huge area to cover!! It does take time and stretching!! <3 s

Lynne with an e said...

Packing up boxes...preparing; when opportunity strikes, this time you will be ready. If you don't "make it out" you are not ready. I'm still "stuck" in my dilemma as well. Perhaps too attached to the comfort, the safety of the familiar, and the deep appreciation for the "small" blessings that surround this space. I recently found a letter I'd written to someone 25 years ago and I was spinning around my indecision about "getting out" even then! Must be more psychological than physical or financial?

sukipoet said...

Lynne, you are absolutely right on. It is psychological. That's why I think it is so hard for me to break through. Thanks for sharing your story of spending years thinking about "escape." So interesting. Frankly I think the feeling follows me wherever I live. Hmmm, that must mean something deep.