The canvas book cover came out cute, however I will not use this bookbinding method again. The idea was to make a number of accordion fold pages, then glue them into a cover.
As I painted and collaged the pages however, they loosened and fell out of the binding. Twice I reglued them. The second time I cut off the binding edge and reglued the pages to a new piece of canvas. But some of the pages stuck together and made a big mess. A number are ruined.
Enlarge to see the expression on the woman's face on the right. This is an old, non-family photo. I stuck with a singular theme in the book: house/home. I'm not really patient with doing a one theme book and got bored toward the end. These pages may get more embellishments with time.
I also worked on the book above. The paper is several layers of tissue paper glued together. The theme is: Words and Silence. I used a simple binding of just two holes through which I drew a ribbon and tied it on the outside. I unpacked my rubber stamp box so I could stamp "Words."
Photo is a photocopy.
The pages are translucent. And have a fragile quality to them, though they are pretty sturdy. I often use this tissue paper sandwich to draw on with oil pastels.