Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sarasvati

A free access photo of the Hindu goddess Sarasvati who is the goddess of creativity, writing, music, learning and the arts. On Speaking of Faith, an NPR program broadcast on Sunday mornings, Krista Tippet spoke with Hindu scholar and physicist V.V. Raman about the Hindu faith. He mentioned Sarasvati and said that when he was a child in school they said a prayer to Sarasvati every morning to help them be open to learning. As some of us are participating in Art Every Day month, I thought this information could be my "art" for this morning--perhaps I'll post something else later.

4 comments:

Cathie said...

Hi Sukipoet! I am a follower of Andrea's blog (and Sara's too!) and read your comments all the time so I thought I'd come visit. I enjoy "art" blogs very much, however I too am a "ponderer" and enjoy writer/ponderer blogs as well. Your watercolors and poetry are very inspiring and I will be back to visit often.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Thanks for your comments today on my blog. I was wondering.. did you see my bird drawing for today? Sometimes it doesnt show when I post something. The painting of the tree isnt exactly a GIFT to our friends. It is in exchage for something they did for us. More like Bartering. And I got to paint a fabulous Tree. ;-)

Unknown said...

Hi Suki! Thank you for this beautiful image and for explaining the goddess Sarasvati. She is beautiful. Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.
Andrea

Lynn Cohen said...

Interesting statue. Quite regal. Love the head dressing. Certainly qualifies as creativity!