Thursday, October 11, 2007

Slippers and a shoe Thursday's drawing

These slippers were handmade by a leather worker from Martha's Vineyard. I bought them a few years back at a Waldorf Fair (Waldorf is a private school) as I had always wanted a pair of handmade shoes. I have never regretted it.
I wore Birkenstock's for years then stopped due to the high price. However, last fall I bought myself a new pair. For my feet, they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn though they look a tad glunky unless you are in Woods Hole or Brattleboro. Or maybe Portland.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Suki, I get your comments on my blog, no problem there, thanks so much! The shoes are great, I can feel the difference about them, the first ones all fluffy and soft, the second harder, with thicker leather. Fine drawings! (I own a pair of Birkenstocks too, bought them in Germany this summer. Here in Paris they are way too expensive because f&ncy at the moment:)
Have a sunny day
Andrea

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Suki these are wonderful drawings. Best you have done. Good job. I got your comment on the slippers.. you put it under Con and his toys. I feel like I could put your shoes on too. This is fun. I will post my new drawing this morning.

Lynn Cohen said...

Or maybe California...where I wore them for years too years ago. I do not find them all that comfortable anymore, however. Maybe the arch in my foot changed? But your drawings of them and the slippers are great. Love the details. The stitching.